Learn to Earn Vacancies
Learn to Earn (LtE) is a Christian organization which seeks to develop people, especially unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually.
Campus Administrator/Receptionist – Khayelitsha
We require an experienced Administrator/Receptionists with a commitment to eradicate unemployment and other legacies of injustice to take lead of our Student and Campus Administration at our Khayelitsha Campus (Western Cape).
The primary purpose of the position is to support in the implementation of Learn to Earn Programmes in Khayelitsha. The Administrator is responsible for the day to day running of the Campus Reception and related student administration duties. The Administrator will also support the Campus Manager in operational and logistical matters pertaining to the Campus Facility and its Programmes.
If you have the following professional attributes and personal qualities we would love to hear from you!
• Passionate about developing the unemployed and eradicating the legacies of injustice;
• A relevant Administration Qualification and 5 Years of working experience or at least 10 years of relevant work experience. Experience in the Education Sector is advantageous;
• Basic understanding of Financial Administration (demonstrated experience)
• Advanced Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite;
• Strong Communication Skills (fluency in English supported by fluency in isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans would be beneficial);
• Customer Focused and the ability to work inter-culturally and work within diverse cross-cultural contexts;
• Adaptable & Attention to Detail – able to work under pressure and make things happen
• The ability to work inter-culturally and work within diverse cross-cultural contexts;
• Member/regular attendance of local evangelical church.
Type of Employment:
How to Apply:
If you have any specific questions related to the job role please contact Desiree Ulster at 021-361-5972.
The following apply to all Learn to Earn jobs:
• Hold to LtE's statement of faith and be an active member of an evangelical church.
• Be in possession of a relevant qualification and relevant Certificate or Diploma (if applying for a Training position) as a facilitator.
• Have at least 5 years' experience working in training environment (if applying for a Training position)
• Working knowledge of the SETA environment.
• Excellent English communication and report writing skills.
• Good computer skills.
• Knowledge of Xhosa would be beneficial.
• Ability to work inter-culturally.
• To participate in weekly staff devotions and prayer meetings, the staff language programme "Word-a-day", and the weekly services.
• To participate in the employer's Annual Staff Retreat. We go away for a weekend.
• To participate in the employer's Annual Report Back Meeting which is held on a Saturday.
• To be co-responsible for the continued development of the employer.
• To endorse and promote the employer's Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Statement of Principles.
• Staff development in the field of focus will be offered from time to time. To enrol in a systematic theological educational programme would be encouraged. The possibility exists that as a staff we may do an in-house course on the theological basis for holistic ministry.
• To promote the employer and obtain financial support therefore.
• Outside of the employee's above responsibilities the employee will be expected to do things that fall outside of the ambit of their job description, such as sweeping, cleaning, covering for and helping other staff. This is a team ministry.
• The current normal work hours are 08h00 to 16h30 on Monday to Thursday and 08h00 to 15h30 on a Friday
• Teatime will be from 10H30 to 11H00. Lunchtime will be taken from 13H00 to 13H30 daily.
• These hours are subject to change at the Director's discretion.
• Occasionally you may be required to attend activities outside of the above hours. This would not be considered overtime.
Learn to Earn South Africa