Learn to Earn Vacancies
With its motto of ‘a hand up – not a hand out,’ Learn to Earn is a skills development organisation, made up of an NPO, NPC and a PTY, which develops unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually, irrespective of colour, creed, ethnicity and religion. Our vision is ‘to eradicate unemployment and other legacies of injustice in South Africa and Africa. Our basis for human-scale development is based on restorative justice. Through providing a programme that recognizes human dignity and the human right to live a meaningful life, we aim to assist individuals to regain their self-respect. We do this by empowering them to provide for themselves and for their families. We are a Christian organisation and to certain expects we require employees to be active and practicing church going Christians. Should you meet the brief we invite you to apply.
Training interventions provided by Learn to Earn are circumstantial, practical and market related. What is innovative about Learn to Earn is the methodology and ethos behind its training interventions. The ethos of the organization is about rebuilding the self esteem, dignity, self respect and ambition of our trainees.
The holistic concept to development facilitates the complete development of the unemployed person. Our vision and mission is applied through offering skills training and job creation activities to the unemployed.
The following vacancies are available at Learn to Earn:
Human Resource Manager - Senior Management - based at the Khayelitsha Campus
Hospitality Skills Trainer - based at the Hermanus Campus
Further details on each of the vacancies can be found below,
Hospitality Skills Trainer
We require an experienced Trainer with a commitment to eradicate unemployment and other legacies of injustice to take lead of our Hospitality Skills Programmes offered at our Hermanus Campus (Western Cape).
If you have the following attributes we would love to hear from you!
• A proven track record in education, social development and/or worked in underserved communities (experience in Adult Education essential);
• A relevant Training Qualification in Consumer Science or Hospitality; plus at least 5 years’ experience in either hospitality training or the Sector;
• Advanced computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office Suite and experience in using a CRM tool such as SalesForce would be beneficial;
• Good report writing skills and well-developed communication skills in English (while knowledge of isiXhosa/Afrikaans would be beneficial);
• The ability to work inter-culturally and work within diverse cross-cultural contexts
• Registration with the FOODBEV SETA and/or ETDP SETA as a Trainer or Assessor would be advantageous.
Additional general requirements & responsibilities at the bottom of this web page.
Should you not be contacted within 60 days of the application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Human Resource Manager for the Learn to Earn Group
Learn to Earn seeks to employ a Human Resource Manager for the Learn to Earn Group. This position is a permanent appointment and would report to the Director of Learn to Earn. There would be various indirect reports that would provide and assist in achieving the KPA’s of this position. We are a Christian organisation and to certain expects we require employees to be active and practicing church going Christians. Should you meet the brief we invite you to apply for the above position.
To manage an effective and efficient Human Resources unit to achieve the organisations objectives and strategies.
To ensure full compliance to the BCEA, EE, LRA , SDA, OHSA, SETA development and maintenance and implementation of HRM polices
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Manage the administration of all time and attendance records
• Manage and monitor the effective administration of employment conditions of all employees.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
• Manage the review, development, and implementation of a streamlined recruitment and selection procedure.
• Manage the provision of a support and administrative service to all line managers in the areas of short-listing and the constitution of interview panels.
• Manage and administer permanent and fixed period employment contracts.
• Ensure the alignment of Human Resources policies and procedures to meet the human resources strategic objectives.
• Ensure the alignment of Employment Equity Plan to the Human Resources Plan and strategic intentions of the organisation.
• Ensure that the organisation meets its reporting requirements in respect of HRM.
• Ensure and provide strategic human resources management support to the senior management team.
• Ensure the effective and efficient management of human resources management information within the organisation
• Updating of Human Resource policies in accordance with latest legislation.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Provide strategic leadership and ensure the development of a training and development strategy and plan that is aligned to the strategic objectives and priorities of the organisation.
• Ensure the alignment of the training and development plan to the strategic objectives and priorities.
• Ensure the provision of resources for the effective implementation of the training and development
• Ensure the development of a talent management strategy and plan, aligned to the long term strategic intentions and objectives.
• Implement and perform induction programme for all new staff members
• Implement and perform exit interviews for staff terminations (i.e. resignations, retrenchment or dismissals).
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
• Ensure the development of an integrated performance management approach, in support of achieving the strategic objectives and priorities.
• Ensure the uniform and effective implementation of the performance management system across units within the organisation.
• Monitor the performance management findings and evaluate the impact on the achievement of the organisation’s strategic objectives and priorities
• Ensure job evaluation on all posts is conducted in line with policy requirements
• Conduct organization work-study investigations into effective and efficient utilization of resources, to identify resource requirements and optimization of business processes.
• Develop and implement structured, strategized Employee Health and Wellness programmes.
• Liaise with, manage and monitor external employee wellness service providers.
• Plan interventions based on risk and needs analysis.
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of wellness interventions.
• Management of Health and Productivity programmes in line with the Employee Health and Wellness Framework for the organisation.
• Manage the Occupational Health and Safety Committee – (safety, health, environment, risk and quality)
• Promote an occupationally healthy and safe environment for all employees within the organisation.
• Ensure the reduction of occupational injuries and diseases.
• Manage and co-ordinate all COID claims and processes
• Report to SMT any requirements around employee assistance
• Implement and manage disciplinary procedures
• Ensure the effective management of Human Resources Management records and information (including performance management information); so to enable effective management of employees within the workplace.
• Ensure the effective management and integrity of all Human Resources Management transactions including leave, salaries and salary payments, annual performance based increments, benefits administration etc.
• Ensure compliance with SARS on PAYE and issue of IRP5’s and IT3 annually
• Manage Branch Managers in terms of HR Administration
• Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at management level
• Knowledge of SETA landscape and National Human Resource Strategy Competencies
• Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to motivate and develop people as they work, and identify the best people for the job
• Ability to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do, to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to bring others together and trying to reconcile differences
• Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical
• Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
• Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
• Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
• Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
• Communication; Professionalism; Computer literate; Knowledge of all applicable Acts: SDA, OHSA, LRA, BCEA, EE; Interpersonal skills, Project Management skills
• Excellent command of English, written and verbal. isiXhosa or isiZulu would be useful
• Intercultural work experience and knowledge
If you have not received a response within 4 weeks, please assume that your application was unsuccessful. This advertisement has the minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional, relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
The following apply to all Learn to Earn jobs:
• Hold to LtE's statement of faith and be an active member of an evangelical church.
• Be in possession of a relevant qualification and relevant Certificate or Diploma (if applying for a Training position) as a facilitator.
• Have at least 5 years' experience working in training environment (if applying for a Training position)
• Working knowledge of the SETA environment.
• Excellent English communication and report writing skills.
• Good computer skills.
• Knowledge of Xhosa would be beneficial.
• Ability to work inter-culturally.
• To participate in weekly staff devotions and prayer meetings, the staff language programme "Word-a-day", and the weekly services.
• To participate in the employer's Annual Staff Retreat. We go away for a weekend.
• To participate in the employer's Annual Report Back Meeting which is held on a Saturday.
• To be co-responsible for the continued development of the employer.
• To endorse and promote the employer's Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Statement of Principles.
• Staff development in the field of focus will be offered from time to time. To enrol in a systematic theological educational programme would be encouraged. The possibility exists that as a staff we may do an in-house course on the theological basis for holistic ministry.
• To promote the employer and obtain financial support therefore.
• Outside of the employee's above responsibilities the employee will be expected to do things that fall outside of the ambit of their job description, such as sweeping, cleaning, covering for and helping other staff. This is a team ministry.
• The current normal work hours are 08h00 to 16h30 on Monday to Thursday and 08h00 to 15h30 on a Friday
• Teatime will be from 10H30 to 11H00. Lunchtime will be taken from 13H00 to 13H30 daily.
• These hours are subject to change at the Director's discretion.
• Occasionally you may be required to attend activities outside of the above hours. This would not be considered overtime.