Learn to Earn Vacancies
Established in 1989, with its motto of ‘a hand up – not a hand out,’ Learn to Earn is a skills development organisation, which develops unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually, irrespective of colour, creed, ethnicity and religion.
Our vision is ‘to eradicate unemployment and other legacies of injustice in South Africa and Africa’. Our basis for human-scale development is based on restorative justice. Through providing a programme that recognizes human dignity and the human right to live a meaningful life, we aim to assist individuals to regain their self-respect. We do this by empowering them to provide for themselves and for their families.
Our Social Enterprises – Ground UP Business, Zakhele Manufacturing & Design and Fashion for Change operate as divisions of Learn to Earn Development Enterprise (Pty) Ltd.
Training interventions provided by Learn to Earn are circumstantial, practical and market related. What is innovative about Learn to Earn is the methodology and ethos behind its training interventions. The ethos of the organization is about rebuilding the self-esteem, dignity, self-respect and ambition of our trainees. Our vision and mission are applied through offering skills training and job creation activities to the unemployed.
The following vacancies are currently available at Learn to Earn:
Ground UP Technical Academy: Coffee Machine Service Technical Trainer
Learn to Earn Training: Hermanus Basic Hospitality Skills Trainer
Learn to Earn Group Support Services: Claremont Fundraising Administrator
Should you meet the requirements and have the necessary experience and understand the job requirements and wish to apply, please do so in writing with:
- Covering letter: In your covering letter please indicate your current and required salary, your mobility to travel between branches and notice period with your current employer, if any. It should also include your faith journey.
- CV (no more than 5 pages) with 3 contactable references – please don’t send certificates
- Letter from your church pastor or small group leader regarding your church membership and activity.
Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks after application, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. We reserve the right to enter into correspondence in this regard. This advertisement has the minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional, relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
This a team ministry and the following will also be required in addition to those specified in the vacancy advert:
- Participate, contribute and engage in weekly staff devotions and prayer meetings.
- To participate in the employer’s Annual Staff Retreat (We go away together for staff development and spiritual growth seminars).
- To participate in the employer’s Annual Report Back Meetings and other organisational functions (awareness and fundraisers) which may be after hours during the week or weekends.
- To be co-responsible for the continued development of the employer.
- To promote the employer and obtain financial support thereof.
- Outside of the employee’s above responsibilities, the employee will be expected to do things that fall outside of the ambit of their job description, such as sweeping, cleaning, covering for and helping other staff. This is a team ministry.
- To endorse and promote the employer's Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Statement of Principles.
- The current normal work hours are 08h00 to 16h30 on Monday to Thursday and 08h00 to 15h30 on a Friday
- Teatime will be from 10H30 to 11H00. Lunchtime will be taken from 13H00 to 13H30.
- These hours are subject to change at the Director's discretion.
- Occasionally you may be required to attend activities outside of the above hours. This would not be considered overtime.